Trump makes brutal decision after National Guard shooting sending White House into lockdown

Donald Trump has made a bold move following a shooting near the White House that sent the capitol into lockdown.

Two US National Guard members deployed in Washington DC were shot yesterday (November 26) in an act of violence described by Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser as a ‘targeted shooting’.

The two guardsmen, who are part of West Virginia National Guard, were rushed to hospital and are said to be in a critical condition.

Reacting to the news, Trump said on Truth Social: “The animal that shot the two National Guardsmen, with both being critically wounded, and now in two separate hospitals, is also severely wounded, but regardless, will pay a very steep price. God bless our Great National Guard, and all of our Military and Law Enforcement.

“These are truly Great People. I, as President of the United States, and everyone associated with the Office of the Presidency, am with you!”

The Trump administration quickly ordered 500 more National Guard members to Washington. Defence secretary Pete Hegseth said Trump asked him to send the troops.

National Guard members were shot near the White House yesterday (Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)

The suspect has since been identified as 29-year-old Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal. He’s believed to have been in the US since 2021.

Lakanwal was also shot in yesterday’s incident, which is reportedly being investigated as a possible act of terrorism, says NBC News. He’s said to have been fired at four times and was taken to hospital for treatment.

In light of the shooter being from Afghanistan, US Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS) has announced that it has halted requests from Afghan nationals.

The decision comes after the POTUS said that lax migration policies are ‘the single greatest national security threat facing our nation’ in response to yesterday’s attack.

“No country can tolerate such a risk to our very survival,” he added, as per NBC Washington.

Trump also described Afghanistan as ‘a hellhole on earth’, and he said his administration would review everyone who entered from the country under President Joe Biden, a measure his administration had already been planning before the incident.

 

Donald Trump has made a bold move following a shooting near the White House that sent the capitol into lockdown.

Two US National Guard members deployed in Washington DC were shot yesterday (November 26) in an act of violence described by Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser as a ‘targeted shooting’.

The two guardsmen, who are part of West Virginia National Guard, were rushed to hospital and are said to be in a critical condition.

Reacting to the news, Trump said on Truth Social: “The animal that shot the two National Guardsmen, with both being critically wounded, and now in two separate hospitals, is also severely wounded, but regardless, will pay a very steep price. God bless our Great National Guard, and all of our Military and Law Enforcement.

“These are truly Great People. I, as President of the United States, and everyone associated with the Office of the Presidency, am with you!”

The Trump administration quickly ordered 500 more National Guard members to Washington. Defence secretary Pete Hegseth said Trump asked him to send the troops.

National Guard members were shot near the White House yesterday (Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)

The suspect has since been identified as 29-year-old Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal. He’s believed to have been in the US since 2021.

Lakanwal was also shot in yesterday’s incident, which is reportedly being investigated as a possible act of terrorism, says NBC News. He’s said to have been fired at four times and was taken to hospital for treatment.

In light of the shooter being from Afghanistan, US Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS) has announced that it has halted requests from Afghan nationals.

The decision comes after the POTUS said that lax migration policies are ‘the single greatest national security threat facing our nation’ in response to yesterday’s attack.

“No country can tolerate such a risk to our very survival,” he added, as per NBC Washington.

Trump also described Afghanistan as ‘a hellhole on earth’, and he said his administration would review everyone who entered from the country under President Joe Biden, a measure his administration had already been planning before the incident.

 

More from author

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related posts

Latest posts

Melania Trump Reveals She’s Launching Her Own Production Company Ahead of $40M Amazon Documentary

The first lady announced her new film production company, Muse Films, in a brief post on X First lady Melania Trump is launching a film production company. She...

Sheriff’s deputy, father of 3, shot and killed by brother on Thanksgiving night, authorities say

WAGGAMAN, La. (WVUE/Gray News) - A sheriff’s deputy in Louisiana has been identified as the victim of a deadly Thanksgiving Day shooting. According to the St....

2 National Guard troops seen in jarring photo moments after being gunned down by Afghan terror suspect in DC

A jarring image shows authorities rushing to help two West Virginia National Guard members just moments after they were gunned down by a crazed shooter in...

Trump says he’s considering deporting wife and FIVE children of DC National Guard shooter Rahmanullah Lakanwal

President Trump is mulling whether to deport the family of the Afghan migrant accused of opening fire on National Guardsmen in Washington DC. Trump said his team...

Jenny McCarthy opens up on health issues after ‘teeth fell out’ and developed ‘growth’ on her eyeballs

Jenny McCarthy has detailed her horror health scare which led to her teeth ‘falling out’, after a bout of reoccurring mouth infections. McCarthy, a former...

Family celebrates 2nd Thanksgiving dinner with mail carrier who came to father’s aid

An Illinois family celebrated their second Thanksgiving dinner this week with a U.S. Postal Service mail carrier who came to their father's aid last year after...

Want to stay up to date with the latest news?

We would love to hear from you! Please fill in your details and we will stay in touch. It's that simple!