Suspect in second Charlotte light rail stabbing ID’d as twice deported illegal immigrant with criminal history

Court records obtained by Fox News Digital revealed a man charged in a violent stabbing on a Charlotte, North Carolina, light rail on Friday is a criminal illegal immigrant who was previously deported multiple times.

Oscar Solarzano, 33, of Honduras, was arrested in connection with the stabbing and is charged with attempted first-degree murder, assault with a deadly weapon with serious injury, breaking/entering a motor vehicle, carrying a concealed weapon and intoxicated/disruptive behavior, according to multiple Departement of Homeland Security (DHS) sources and arrest warrants obtained by Fox News Digital.

Bond was not set due to Solarzano’s immigration status, according to a release order filed in Mecklenburg County.

He was booted from the country by the Trump administration in March 2018 on a deportation order, and re-entered illegally during the Biden administration at the Texas border in March 2021, DHS sources said.

Solarzano was deported a second time by the Biden administration, and re-entered illegally as a got-away at an unknown time and location.

Oscar Solarzano, 33, was arrested in connection to a stabbing on a Charlotte, N.C., light rail. (Mecklenburg County Jail)

At about 4:49 p.m. Friday, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department (CMPD) officers responded to a call regarding assault with a deadly weapon.

When they arrived, they found the victim, identified as Kenyon Kareem-Shemar Dobie, with a stab wound, according to warrants.

CMPD noted Dobie was in critical but stable condition when he was taken to the hospital.

A suspect has been arrested in connection with a stabbing in Charlotte, N.C. (WJZY)

Prior to the attack, warrants allege Solarzano broke into a railroad car “with the intent to commit a felony,” while carrying a large fixed-blade knife.

While intoxicated, he challenged Dobie to a fight, cursing and shouting at others using “unintelligible and slurred words,” according to court documents.

Solarzano has a prior conviction for robbery in the U.S, and prior arrests for aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, resisting arrest and false ID, DHS sources said.

Court records indicate he had known aliases including Solarzano-Garcia, Oscar Herardo and Kevin Garcia.

Solarzano has a scheduled court appearance on Dec. 8, and will later be released into Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) custody, according to a conditions of release order.

He is being provided with a Spanish interpreter, according to arrest records.

Iryna Zarutska curls up in fear as a man looms over her during a disturbing attack Aug. 22, on a Charlotte, N.C., light rail train. (NewsNation via Charlotte Area Transit System)

The stabbing attack comes months after Ukrainian refugee Iryna Zarutska, 23, was fatally stabbed on a LYNX Blue Line light rail while on her way home from work. Decarlos Brown Jr., 34, who was accused of killing Zarutska was charged with violence against a railroad carrier and mass transportation system resulting in death, a capital offense under federal law.

President Donald Trump reacted to the news on Truth Social Saturday, saying “Another stabbing by an Illegal Migrant in Charlotte, North Carolina. What’s going on in Charlotte? Democrats are destroying it, like everything else, piece by piece!!!”

Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy also chimed in, calling out Charlotte Mayor Vi Lyles in an X post.

“Apparently, the death of Iryna Zarutska wasn’t enough. What is it going to take for @CLTMayor to remove violent criminals off the streets and protect her constituents?” Duffy wrote. “The time to act is NOW.”

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), ICE and CMPD did not immediately respond to additional inquiries from Fox News Digital.

Court records obtained by Fox News Digital revealed a man charged in a violent stabbing on a Charlotte, North Carolina, light rail on Friday is a criminal illegal immigrant who was previously deported multiple times.

Oscar Solarzano, 33, of Honduras, was arrested in connection with the stabbing and is charged with attempted first-degree murder, assault with a deadly weapon with serious injury, breaking/entering a motor vehicle, carrying a concealed weapon and intoxicated/disruptive behavior, according to multiple Departement of Homeland Security (DHS) sources and arrest warrants obtained by Fox News Digital.

Bond was not set due to Solarzano’s immigration status, according to a release order filed in Mecklenburg County.

He was booted from the country by the Trump administration in March 2018 on a deportation order, and re-entered illegally during the Biden administration at the Texas border in March 2021, DHS sources said.

Solarzano was deported a second time by the Biden administration, and re-entered illegally as a got-away at an unknown time and location.

Oscar Solarzano, 33, was arrested in connection to a stabbing on a Charlotte, N.C., light rail. (Mecklenburg County Jail)

At about 4:49 p.m. Friday, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department (CMPD) officers responded to a call regarding assault with a deadly weapon.

When they arrived, they found the victim, identified as Kenyon Kareem-Shemar Dobie, with a stab wound, according to warrants.

CMPD noted Dobie was in critical but stable condition when he was taken to the hospital.

A suspect has been arrested in connection with a stabbing in Charlotte, N.C. (WJZY)

Prior to the attack, warrants allege Solarzano broke into a railroad car “with the intent to commit a felony,” while carrying a large fixed-blade knife.

While intoxicated, he challenged Dobie to a fight, cursing and shouting at others using “unintelligible and slurred words,” according to court documents.

Solarzano has a prior conviction for robbery in the U.S, and prior arrests for aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, resisting arrest and false ID, DHS sources said.

Court records indicate he had known aliases including Solarzano-Garcia, Oscar Herardo and Kevin Garcia.

Solarzano has a scheduled court appearance on Dec. 8, and will later be released into Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) custody, according to a conditions of release order.

He is being provided with a Spanish interpreter, according to arrest records.

Iryna Zarutska curls up in fear as a man looms over her during a disturbing attack Aug. 22, on a Charlotte, N.C., light rail train. (NewsNation via Charlotte Area Transit System)

The stabbing attack comes months after Ukrainian refugee Iryna Zarutska, 23, was fatally stabbed on a LYNX Blue Line light rail while on her way home from work. Decarlos Brown Jr., 34, who was accused of killing Zarutska was charged with violence against a railroad carrier and mass transportation system resulting in death, a capital offense under federal law.

President Donald Trump reacted to the news on Truth Social Saturday, saying “Another stabbing by an Illegal Migrant in Charlotte, North Carolina. What’s going on in Charlotte? Democrats are destroying it, like everything else, piece by piece!!!”

Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy also chimed in, calling out Charlotte Mayor Vi Lyles in an X post.

“Apparently, the death of Iryna Zarutska wasn’t enough. What is it going to take for @CLTMayor to remove violent criminals off the streets and protect her constituents?” Duffy wrote. “The time to act is NOW.”

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), ICE and CMPD did not immediately respond to additional inquiries from Fox News Digital.

More from author

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related posts

Latest posts

How Did a Dog End Up Crossing the Finish Line at the Milan Cortina Olympics? The Owner Finally Explains

It was the kind of Olympic moment no one saw coming. In the middle of intense competition at the Milan–Cortina Winter Olympics, as athletes pushed...

Eric Dane recorded heart-wrenching final words to daughters before he died from ALS

Eric Dane recorded his heartbreaking last words to his two teen daughters, Billie and Georgia, before his death. “Billie and Georgia, these words are for you,”...

Eric Dane, Grey’s Anatomy and Euphoria Star, Dead at 53 Nearly 1 Year After Announcing ALS Diagnosis

Eric Dane has died at the age of 53, PEOPLE confirms. Dane became a star with his role as Dr. Mark Sloan — a.k.a. McSteamy...

Madison Chock and Evan Bates Make Major Career Decision After Olympic Drama and Silver Medal Finish

American ice dance stars Madison Chock and Evan Bates have made an important career decision following the dramatic outcome of the 2026 Winter Olympics,...

James Van Der Beek and Wife Kimberly Renewed Wedding Vows from Bed 2 Days Before His Death

James Van Der Beek and wife Kimberly Van Der Beek renewed their vows days before the actor’s death. “We decided two days beforehand and our friends got us...

Whoopi Goldberg Denies Ties to Jeffrey Epstein After Her Name Surfaces in Files: ‘I Wasn’t His Girlfriend, I Wasn’t His Friend’

Whoopi Goldberg has addressed her name being found in the Epstein files, insisting it doesn’t mean she’s guilty of any wrongdoing. In an episode of The View that aired Tuesday,...

Want to stay up to date with the latest news?

We would love to hear from you! Please fill in your details and we will stay in touch. It's that simple!